Wednesday, April 25, 2012

2 married, childhood friends wanna party in Indy

We%26#39;re looking for a safe, clean and cheap hotel for Oct 19-21 and want to party, any ideas??? also needs to be comfy!!!



2 married, childhood friends wanna party in Indy


If you want to be downtown, maybe do the priceline.com thing with 4 star hotels. I%26#39;m not sure what your idea of cheap is, but Priceline (using the name-your-price feature) can produce some top hotels at $100 per night or so (Westin, or the Omni - probably not the Conrad or the Cantebury).





I%26#39;m not sure what%26#39;s in town, but one of the downtown Marriott Courtyards might be a good bet too - one is on the canal walk and an easy walk to the bars/clubs of downtown.



2 married, childhood friends wanna party in Indy


There is a Hampton Inn downtown Indy, great location for shopping, partying etc.




thanks for the idea. Has anyone tried Priceline before?? I%26#39;m a little scared that I won%26#39;t get what I want and we won%26#39;t be happy




I use it for Chicago and Seattle all the time. There is a little risk, very little with the 4-star option checked, in my opinion (and experience). But I certainly understand the apprehension - and still feel it every once in awhile just before I click the button.





I WILL say that I used to get outstanding Chicago hotels for $70 or $80/night - but lately have been getting them for about $120 (over the last six months). Seattle still gets exceptionally great deals.





Only once have I been placed into a hotel with which I wasn%26#39;t satisfied (the Millenium Knickerbocker in Chicago - last winter). But I%26#39;ve never done it for Indy either ...




I%26#39;ve used Priceline twice. Once for airfare and once for a hotel in Chicago. For the air I think you can find a great price just about anywhere. We got a room for the Air and Water Show for about 40 percent off the going rate, which I thought was great since there was a big event in town. Had no problems at alll




Don%26#39;t be afraid of Priceline! Unless it%26#39;s a big athletic or convention weekend (don%26#39;t think that weekend is) the Hyatt or Westin downtown can usually be had for about $70/night.





A good site to review and learn about Priceline and strategies etc. is: p070.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding




We used hotwire: put 4star hotel downtown indianapolis and got omni, we were very happy%26gt; then another time we again put 4star hotel downtown indianapolis and got University place %26amp; Conference Center, nice hotel, but too far to walk to all the fun. We had a hard time finding a cab and ended up walking all the way back to this hotel. Scared me from trying a 4star downtown indy hotel again.



So, in October, we tried 3.5star downtown indianapolis and got the sheraton. super cheap, it was the old Radisson by Circle Monument, right in the middle of everything. This was perfect for us. I was hoping the Crowne Plaza, being that is right by slippery noodle and dancing. but, it was all good. We were totally happy. Let us know what you do. Its a risk, but, if you do get the University Place and Conference Center, just be sure you take cab companys phone number, so you can call and get ride back to your hotel.



Good Luck, Indy%26#39;s great friendly city, we love it!!!!




That%26#39;s good feedback. And I agree, the University Place Hotel %26amp; Conference Center SHOULDN%26#39;T be included as a downtown hotel.





I hope you left such feedback for Priceline. I know we did after getting the Millenium Knickerbocker in Chicago one time (no way it%26#39;s a 4 star hotel). I%26#39;d say the same about the University Place Hotel - not a 4 star hotel either, although a very nice, servicable option for staying in Indy if you don%26#39;t want to be right downtown (say, staying here for the 500 - or a conference at the hotel).




We were in Indy the weekend of Sept. 28th and stayed at the Westin downtown. We paid $75.00/night through Hotwire for a kingsize room.





I was a bit apprehensive because of the mixed reviews of this hotel. Glad to say we had a good experience; nice room, good service and friendly staff. My only complaint would be the $23.00 self parking (no in/out privileges). I was told to look for meter parking (free after 6:00 p.m. and on weekends), but unfortunately, there was a game that weekend and no street parking was to be found.





We had a great time and were impressed how friendly everyone was and how busy downtown is at night. What a great place!




The ONLY hotels in downtown Indianapolis classified by Priceline are: The Hyatt, The Westin, and The Omni, which are all fine, convenient to everything hotels. If you bid for a four star hotel in downtown Indy (on Priceline)--you have NO chance of getting anything other than one of the above.





There are seven Priceline zones in Indy metro area. None of the other zones have any 4 star hotels--thus if you follow strategies outlined in the link above you can start very low--say $45 %26amp; have six immediate free rebids working your way up at say $5 a bid. If that doesn%26#39;t work wait 24 hours and start again $5 higher.





I%26#39;m not a Priceline shill--but I do think it%26#39;s the greatest thing for budget minded travelers who seek luxury accomodations--since sliced bread! Just remember--NO REFUNDS--but trip insurance is available.


  • dermatologist acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment