Monday, April 23, 2012

Does anyone know of a somewhere to have Christmas Dinner?

My husband and I are recent transports from California and we have decided to stay in Indy for the holidays. We went to conner prairie for thanksgiving and were wondering if anyone knew of a buffet like that for christmas.



Does anyone know of a somewhere to have Christmas Dinner?


Welcome to Indiana!





So far, I haven%26#39;t heard of any Christmas Buffets in Indy. These websites list a lot of restaurants in the area, and they are also a great resources for other things, esp. since you%26#39;re new to the area.





http://hccvb.org/



http://www.indy.org/





Since you posted in the Carmel forum, I assume you%26#39;ve seen the thread about about Carmel restaurants, so I won%26#39;t repeat that information.





If you%26#39;re willing to drive a couple of hours, according to the Parke County website, Turkey Run State Park is having a Christmas and a Christmas Eve Buffet. It didn%26#39;t list the details and I didn%26#39;t see it on the state park website, so you%26#39;d have to call them for more information.



http://www.turkeyrunstatepark.com/



Turkey Run Inn:



For inn or cabin info:



(765) 597-2211 or (877) 500-6151 (toll free)



Turkey Run Inn



Turkey Run State Park



8102 E. Park Rd.



Marshall, Indiana 47859





When I was searching for ';Christmas Dinner'; I found quite a few churches in the area are having Christmas banquets, although so far I haven%26#39;t seen any on Christmas day itself.





I just found a website that allows you to search by ';Open Christmas.';



www.indianarestaurants.org/DineIndy.asp





I know that it can be challenging to find new ways to celebrate holidays when you%26#39;re far from the familiar!





I have good friends from California who moved to Ohio several years ago. They started their own tradition of a Christmas afternoon carry-in. Everyone who was available was invited. They would even contact the local university to find out if any international students wanted to come. Since it was a carry-in, they didn%26#39;t have to do a lot of cooking (which they don%26#39;t really enjoy anyway) and there was always an interesting mix of food, esp. with internationals. Their house was the place to be!





I hope at least one of these suggestions help and you have a very Merry Christmas!





Lily



Does anyone know of a somewhere to have Christmas Dinner?


I also wanted to mention that you%26#39;d probably get more responses if you post this in the Indianapolis forum instead of just the Carmel forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment