Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Is this a decent area to stay in?

I just booked the Fairfield Inn on E. 21st Street near Shadeland. Is this a safe area to stay in?



Is this a decent area to stay in?


Hi MSU Mom,





I found this website for someone else a few weeks ago. You can input the address of the hotels you%26#39;re considering and then get a list of the incidents in the area and see if it feels like a safe area to you.





http://imaps.indygov.org/CVC/





I hope this helps!





Lily



Is this a decent area to stay in?


I tried it with the info you provided, and I think it needs the actual street number for it to work.




I used the above website and came up with a couple of car thefts and a couple of car break-ins in the last 30 days. When will you be in town? Are you attending any specific event?




It%26#39;s not one of the more attractive areas of the city. But you should be safe there.





The crime rate is a bit higher in the area. I%26#39;m not familiar with that particular Fairfield Inn, and only am comfortable recommending the Marriott at that intersection.




The motels at that exit are all pretty new. You should have no trouble in the immediate area. There is a Bob Evans and just about all the fastfood places you can think of. If you head north on Shadeland there is a T.D.Alibi%26#39;s which is a pretty nice restaurant/bar(about 75th and Shadeland). As of today (Nov 23) I don%26#39;t think you can get on I 70 heading towards downtown because of construction. Not sure when all that is going to be open




We will be staying for just one night next month. We are going to the Bands of America Grand Nationals. We already have a hotel downtown for 2 nights but we just decided to add a night and we couldn%26#39;t get anything reasonable downtown.





Thanks for the info!




The Bands deal is pretty fun. I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll enjoy downtown INDY. Have fun!




If the I70 ramp going downtown is closed what%26#39;s a good alternate? Is there a better area for me to stay given that I%26#39;m coming in from the northeast late Thursday and need to be downtown by about 9:30 Friday morning?




If the ramp is closed, go south on Shadeland to Washington Street then go west. Wash. will take you right thru the middle of downtown. I would plan on a 30-45 minute drive. If you leave about 8:00 most of the rush will be over. I%26#39;m not sure of the parking situation downtown being a work day. Maybe someone else will chime in here. I also think that the construction is suppossed to be finished by the second week of Nov so you might not have to worry about it. Heading EAST from downtown the Shadeland exit is open




Since you%26#39;re coming in from the northeast, I assume you%26#39;ll be coming in on I-69. (There is some construction there too, by the way.) Fishers is right by I-69 and that general area has a lot of hotels and stores. It is also an area where I feel pretty safe. (I%26#39;m not as familiar with the other area you mentioned.) It would be more convenient for you late at night, but you would have longer to go during rush hour in the morning, so it just depends on what you want.





Good luck with everything!





Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment