Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Metamora Inn

I am staying at the bed and breakfast Metamora Inn In Metamora Indiana. Has anyone stayed there? We will be there June 1st and 2nd. I will write a review of it when I return.





Metamora Inn


My GS and I stayed at the Metamora Inn the first of August. I had never been to Metamora before and needed a room with 2 beds and a TV. It was a last minute idea to go and all the other rooms with 2 beds were booked. We stayed in the Sonshine Room. It is very ';girly'; with rose wallpaper and white wicker furniture, but my GS didn%26#39;t seem to mind too much! Since my GS was with me, I would have chosen a room not quite so ';girly';, but it was a lovely room. I was very pleased with it. The room was very clean and attractive and Jo was very pleasant. The breakfast was also very good. We enjoyed the canal boat ride, the train ride, the grist mill and shops very much. All the shops and train and canal rides shut down at 5 PM but it was very relaxing to sit on porch and enjoy the evening. I also went for a walk that evening through the town and along the canal and it was very nice. East of the town is a restaurant where a scene from RAINMAN was shot. There%26#39;s a big sign on the cabin stating Rainman Cabin. I hear that Metamora is lovely around Christmas time also, and would like a return visit. I will definately book at the Metamora Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment