Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What to do Dec 2-5

I will be visiting Indy to go to a Colts game on Dec 2nd, Chicago is in town Sunday night also so we have tickets for that. I%26#39;m staying at the University Hotel. What else is there to do? Do you know a cheaper place to get Colts tickets? I found 2 for 500.00 in the end zone thats about the cheapest so far. I would love ideas to do, we will be there monday and monday night to fill in with activities and fly home tuesday evening. Let me know fun things, we like to do anything.



What to do Dec 2-5


Oh, I forgot to mention we aren%26#39;t really drinkers so the bar scene isn%26#39;t of much interest although we do like to dance so a club scene would be great.



What to do Dec 2-5


Here are two websites to get you started:





http://www.indy.org/





http://www.in.gov/visitindiana/





I%26#39;m sure others will give you ideas soon, and I%26#39;ll be thinking of specific suggestions for you.





Lily




Thanks for the websites! I purchased the Colts tickets and also found that Chicago (the band) is playing at the Murat Theater so I got tickets for that on Sunday night. So Sunday is packed! Monday dany and night is now open for suggestions. I saw that Hairspray is playing (the play) at Emens Auditorium. Does anyone know about this play and place? Is it good? I%26#39;m not much of a play person but the reviews on this were really good. I%26#39;ll keep looking, thanks for any help anyone can offer.





I would love to skydive, is there a place to do that?




Be sure to wear your BLUE. I saw Chicago back in 1976 and I%26#39;ve heard there just about as good now as then. You%26#39;ll love the settingin The Murat. The downtown area will be nice with all the Christmas decorations (The Circle is ';the world%26#39;s largest Christmas Tree';). %26#39;ll post back later with some ideas GO COLTS




I haven%26#39;t seen the play, but Emens Auditorium is on the campus of Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana, approximately 1 hour NE of Indianapolis.




You%26#39;re welcome for the websites!





I posted some ideas that might also work for you for the people coming to town tomorrow, so you might want to check that thread. I discovered that quite a few favorite attractions are closed on Mondays, so check before you plan on something.





White River State Park is a favorite location for visitors and locals alike. You can walk around the canal in nice weather, but several of the museums will be closed. The zoo does appear to be open through December on Mondays, so that%26#39;s still an option for you. It opens at noon and goes through 9pm in December.



http://www.indyzoo.com/content.aspx?cid=413





I haven%26#39;t been to Beef and Boards in REALLY long time, but it was fun when we went. It does have a show on the Monday you%26#39;ll be in town. http://www.beefandboards.com/





I%26#39;ll keep thinking...





Lily




The White River State Park looks fun, I think that is what we will do on Monday during the day. I don%26#39;t think going an hour for the Hairspray show is worth it, so I%26#39;m still looking into something for Monday night.





Also, I would love suggestions for resturaunts, I really enjoy a nice atmosphere, mid priced-- 30-40$ per person. Any type of food is great. What do you recommend?





Thanks for all your your suggestions, I look forward to others that you have.




I%26#39;m glad you liked the ideas!





I will keep thinking about the restaurant/evening activities!






I%26#39;ve listed some of my favorites here, Bertolini%26#39;s, St Elmo%26#39;s, Palamino, Oceanaire and also a link to the best of Indy from %26#39;Indianpolis Monthly%26#39; magazine



I





http://www.bertolinis.net/





http://www.stelmos.com/





www.palomino.com/index.php…





http://www.theoceanaire.com/





indianapolisbest.net/IndianapolisRestaurants




Thanks Gabbygambler for always having great restaurant suggestions!





Icard11, I started a thread about Monday/Monday evening activities in case others have good ideas. White River State Park (and the zoo which is the only attraction there open on Monday as far as I can tell) are a lot of fun on nice days, but in December you never know what the weather will be like, so it would be great to have a back-up plan.





I hope this helps! If we get a lot of great suggestions, I might put it together in a GoList for future Monday visitors!





I already envy you your weekend of a Colts game and a Chicago concert!


  • dermatologist acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment