Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Rehearsal Dinner

My son will be getting married in Huntingburg, IN next summer. The reception will be in Jasper. Can anyone suggest a nice restaurant in the area for the rehearsal dinner? Much thanks!



Rehearsal Dinner


The Schnitzelbaunk, is a tradtional German restaurant that%26#39;s pretty popular to hold a rehersal dinner. There%26#39;s also the Mill House, which has a room for private parties and would be comparable to like a Chili%26#39;s or such.



Rehearsal Dinner


narm7773, thanks for the info. I knew that Schnitzelbank Restaurant has a separate room for parties, but I didn%26#39;t know the Mill House had one. Any thoughts on Snap%26#39;s Steak House?




I asked my friend about Snap%26#39;s. She said it%26#39;s typical bar type food but pretty pricey. She also said it%26#39;s small and they may not rent it out for a private party. She also said that the Jasper Inn is renovating their restaurant and the catering will be from Sander%26#39;s which is excellant. Other than that, we couldn%26#39;t come up with anything else.




Thanks for the input. I think I will plan a road trip to Jasper and check out the restaurants now that I know they are good options.




I would definitely have to recommend the Schnitz. The Mill House would be good too though. I can%26#39;t really think of anywhere else there that would work well. I agree that Snap%26#39;s is pricey for the type of food you would be getting. There wouldn%26#39;t be anywhere in Huntingburg that would really work well other than maybe the back room at the Gaslight. Your food options there would be pizza, nachos, strombolis (a personal favorite there), or burgers. I guess it really just depends if you are wanting something light and laid back or a little more elegant.




You might check the new Community Center that is in Huntingburg. They have a list of caterers you could chose from.




Mill House food isn%26#39;t quite what it was yrs ago, but still great. Last couple of times I%26#39;ve had Schnitzelbank catering it was terrible which is quite unlike them. Sander%26#39;s Catering has great food and from what I hear around town it is a lot more affordable than other options.





Snap%26#39;s Steakhouse does NOT have typicaly bar-type food. They are a steak house and though it%26#39;s been several months since we%26#39;ve dined there, the steaks are out of this world with their herb butter. They have an outside patio that might be able to be reserved.





The new Huntinburg convention center just opened but I%26#39;ve not been there yet.





FYI Sander%26#39;s now runs the restaurant area of the Jasper Inn (formerly Holiday Inn).





It%26#39;s kind of strange, but Fazoli%26#39;s also does catering...not typical rehearsal dinner fare.




This may sound crazy, but my rehearsal dinner was at the local bowling alley. They have a VERY nice room (far better than I had thought) and we had Sander%26#39;s cater the meal. We purchased the alcohol from the bar there and then after the meal, we paid for our guests to bowl. It was a fun evening and a great way to enjoy time with our wedding party and out of town guests.


  • dermatologist acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment