Monday, April 23, 2012

Hotels on West/Northwest side

Does anyone have any experience or opinions with hotels on the west/northwest part of Indy?



I%26#39;m looking for a place to block some rooms (I live out of town) for a wedding %26amp; want to keep it cost friendly for all, but also don%26#39;t want a dump or run down area.



Is anyone familiar with The Days Inn %26amp; Suites at Michigan %26amp; 92 Streets? Or anything in the Brownsburg area? (Most family will be coming in on I-74.)



Since it is an event weekend, most hotels have bumped up prices, so that is why we%26#39;ve chosen to keep on the outskirts, or this Days Inn %26amp; Suites stilll seems ok in price, too.



Thanks for any assistance.



Hotels on West/Northwest side


The first thought that came to my mind is to check out the area around the Pyramids. (Michigan/86th street/465 area). There%26#39;s a whole cluster of various grades of hotels in the area. A few that come to mind are Drury Inn (which you mention), Red Roof Inn, Holiday Inn (with an indoor water park) and at least 1 or 2 suite style hotels.





I have personally stayed at the Drury. It%26#39;s more than adequate, nothing fantastic, I would stay there again.





To my knowledge none of the hotels here are ';dumps'; but I%26#39;d check the reviews here on TA before booking.





You will find a good cluster of restaurants %26amp; shopping close by the hotels in this area (in most cases walking distance although you might have to cross Michigan which is not pedistrian friendly).





Hope this is helpful . . .



Hotels on West/Northwest side


I think there may be either a Fairfield Inn and/or a Residence Inn by Marriott in the Mich Road (Hwy 421 exit off of 465) exit, too. I know there%26#39;s a fairly new Homewood Suites not too far from there, I%26#39;ve seen it from 465. There%26#39;s also an all suite hotel at the exit of West 86th street and 465, think it might be a Staybridge Suites.




Thanks. I just sent an inquiry to the Drury. With it being an event weekend, so many of the hotels have jacked up rates. I will try these other suggestions, too.



I%26#39;m usually quite leary of Days Inn %26amp; have not had much good experience with that chain (usually avoid them), but this one looks nicer, with indoor pool, etc %26amp; was formerly a Signature Inn. Plus it appears they have kept their rates at normal. So that is why I specifically asked about that particular property.



I appreciate these suggestions %26amp; will check them out.






Looks like the Days Inn (formerly Signature Inn) At Michigan %26amp; 92nd will be my best rate, considering it is an event weekend.



Anyone stayed there recently?



Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment