Monday, April 23, 2012

Does anyone like the Polar Express train ride?

Hi, was just wondering if anyone has been on the Polar Express train ride in Connersville ( not The Polar Bear train ride at Fisher%26#39;s station in Noblesville)and liked it? I noticed most of the reviews were bad on this event. The one that was good might have been the Fisher%26#39;s Station event someone was saying. I have tickets for my family and was just wondering if anyone from this year%26#39;s train trip has enjoyed it as it has been running a few weeks now. Is it cold and dirty like the other reviews said? Do they punch the kid%26#39;s tickets like in the movie and read the story over the intercom? Just trying to get a idea of the experience we may have as we are driving around 3 hours for this trip. Thanks for any information.

Does anyone like the Polar Express train ride?

Have you gone on your train ride yet? We are going this evening. I bought my tickets before I read the reviews on this site and so I am very curious as to what to expect. Thanks.

Does anyone like the Polar Express train ride?

No, have not went on the train ride as of yet. We go this Sunday night...the last train for the year so I am curious too but I suppose our little one is 4 so even if it is not the greatest for me and my husband it will be nice for our little one. If you go on the Saturday night one maybe you could leave a post here telling me what you thought of it. The reviews seem to be quite negative with just a few people liking it but if you look on the train web site the tickets are all sold out so someone must be liking it. Thanks for responding.


I%26#39;m kind of wondering if they%26#39;ll be able to have it with all of the snow coming. Dress really warmly either way. The historic trains tend to be cold in the winter, and from the previous posts, it sounds like you%26#39;ll be in one of those.

Be safe! I hope you guys have a great time!


Well we went on our journey to the North Pole last night. My kids really enjoyed it. Yes it was a little cold - we kept our coats on, but didn%26#39;t need our coats or hats. (I wish I would have wore extra socks though!) And yes, the paint was peeling in our car. We were in the second car. It looked like the first car was newer or had been painted, so if you can get in that car you probably won%26#39;t have to worry about it. But, the kids didn%26#39;t seem to notice.

They played the hot chocolate song from the movie and ';chefs'; brought everyone hot cocoa and cookies. We all liked the cocoa - and I know we weren%26#39;t the only ones - the man behind us must have said ';this is really good'; at least three times. They had extras for anyone that wanted it. Then they read the story Polar Express over the speaker (not Dolby quality - but we could hear fine). The engineers and an elf walked up and down the aisle showing the children the pictures from the book. The North Pole was cute - you stay on the train - so try to get a seat on the East side of the train - the North Pole is on that side. Santa and an elf were standing there and waved to everyone and then he got on the train to ride back to Connersville with us. He stopped and talked to each child and gave them their bell. The conductor came around and punched everyone%26#39;s tickets. Everyone was really nice.

All the kids around us were smiling and seemed to be having good time. We saw several in their pajamas which was cute. Yes, the ticket prices were maybe a bit high - (but what isn%26#39;t these days? ) And it lasted two hours. All in all, we feel it was worth it.

But, Indiana is getting snow today and tomorrow - a lot is predicted in some areas. So you may want to call ahead to make sure it is still running.

I hope your child has as much fun as ours did! Merry Christmas.


We finally went on our ride Sunday night. My daughter really enjoyed herself. My husband and I thought it was a nice experience and we enjoyed the train we were on. Sure it was old but I felt that just added to the experience. The chefs were very friendly and made it fun for the kids by dancing with them etc. All the kids I could see were having a great time. I really have no complaints about anything except when I phoned they told me there was heat and the night we went it was broken. It also looks as though it is broken alot. I do think they need to invest in updating the heating some how as it was very cold the night we went. But the north pole they had decorated for the kids was nice. The kids seem to believe it was the real deal anyway. Over all I thought it was a enjoyable time and thanks for all the posts people placed here to let me know how the ride was for them. Have a Merry Christmas.


Thanks for your nice comments on the Polar Express. I am one of the many volunteers that donates my time and effort to keep the museum running.

This was our second year doing this and we are all looking at ways to make this a more enjoyable event.

We are all sorry about the problems that occurred with the heater on the train this year. All of our equipment is historical which also means it is old. The heater for our cars has been working for several years with no serious problems. Of course as Murphys Law dictates that it will start having problems at the worst possible time. Several people continued to work on this system to keep it going but it just wouldn%26#39;t cooperate. The parts for a 50 year old heater are hard to find on short notice as you can imagine. We are looking into seeing if the unit can be repaired as a new one will cost us over 60 thousand to replace. Either way it will be completely repaired for next years runs.

We are an all volunteer operation and would like to invite any one interested in railroads or historical preservation to come and join us. If you wish to learn the operational end of it we offer free classes that begin in February. All we ask is a small donation to cover the expense of printed material. You can come enjoy the classes and there is no obligation to join but we would love to have you with us.

Thanks for riding with us and please come back next year for a bigger and better Polar Express.


Thank you to all of the volunteers who work to put this together! It sounds like a great time, and it%26#39;s definitely on my list for when the kids in the family are the right age to enjoy it!

Lily

  • wrinkle eye cream
  • vb
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment