Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Indy Hostel?

Anyone know about this place? (is it near downtown safe, basic, etc??

Indy Hostel

4903 Winthrop Avenue

Indianapolis, Indiana 46205

USA

(317) 727-1696

Indy Hostel?

I have never been there so I hope others will give you firsthand information. However, I did find a link to some reviews of the place.

www.hostelz.com/hostel/29281-Indy-Hostel

I looked at a map, and it really doesn%26#39;t appear to be very close to downtown. Will you have a car? Will you need to use public transportation? What do you plan to do in Indianapolis?

If you will be traveling with a couple of people, at $25/bed, it might be cheaper to get an inexpensive hotel room. If you%26#39;re by yourself, that%26#39;s probably the cheapest thing you%26#39;ll find, and the reviews were good.

In general, hotels right downtown tend to be more expensive than those you%26#39;ll find in the outlying areas.

I%26#39;m sure others will jump in with more detailed information for you soon!

Indy Hostel?

Lily318

Thank you so much.

I%26#39;ll be on foot, alone.

(from airport)

Using public transportation.

I hope to see downtown Indianapolis mostly.


Zypcio,

You%26#39;re very welcome!

Here%26#39;s the link so you can check bus routes: http://indygo.net/ Some don%26#39;t run all seven days, and it looked like a couple that were near the hostel don%26#39;t, so be sure to check on that.

The hostel is about 5 1/2 miles north of downtown and all of the attractions in White River State Park. I believe you can rent bikes. The bike path near the hostel might go all the way down to the park. On the map for Indy Greenways it looked like part of the trail to the canal was still in the planning phase, so it might not go all the way down.

Hopefully someone else who has more experience with the trails or the bus system will be able to give you more information soon!

http://www.indygreenways.org/trails-maps.htm

http://www.indyhostel.us/

I hope you have a wonderful trip to Indianapolis!

Lily


I think I%26#39;ll be up close to 4900 Winthrop today. I%26#39;ll try to drive by and check it out. I see your%26#39;re from Krakow. Where is that?


Went by Indy Hostel today. It looked OK. To the east about one block is the Monon Trail. This is an old railroad track that has been converted into a walk/jog/bike trail. It is closed after dark. To the west 3 blocks is College Avenue. This is where you can catch a bus to take you downtown. There is a bus stop about a block and half north or south from 49th Street. About a mile and half north straight up College Avenue is Broad Ripple. This is a popular night life area . OK walk in the day but a would cab it at night. Depending when you are coming to INDY I could probabaly help with some transportation


Indyob

Krakow is in Poland.

Thank you so much for the reconnoitering, it helps plenty. Might be a good place to stay then (bus, etc).


I have been to the Indy Hostel a couple of times. A couple of local rock bands had rented it out to play concerts there. Since I live in Indy, I did not stay the night, but the place looked very nice, especially compared to hostels I have stayed at in Western Europe and South America. It is probably a 15-20 minute drive to the downtown area, so you would need to take a bus. It is close to the Broad Ripple area of the city, which is full of restaurants and bars. You would probably want to take a bus to that area as well, or you could walk there in about 30 minutes at a brisk pace.

  • migrating existing portal
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment